The Cheer Challenge is an opportunity for groups to set up a themed “Cheer Zone” and have a chance to win prize money based on our runner survey. This year, the Cheer Challenge has been opened up to any group willing to put together 15 people, a theme and to cheer on the runners to the finish line. At the end of the event we will award additional monies to the top groups, selected by runners in a post event survey.
CONTACT: For more information please email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2016 Cheer Challenge Information – Click HERE
- 2017 Cheer Challenge Application – Click HERE
1st Place – $650
2nd & 3rd Place – $350 (2 groups)
4th – 6th Place – $250 (3 groups)
7th- 10th Place – $175 (4 groups)
11th – 15th – $100 (5 groups)
Who is eligible?
Anyone is eligible to participate. In order to qualify for participation monies and prize monies you must be registered in advance, by completing a Cheer Challenge Application and Waiver. Also your group must have a minimum of fifteen (15) people participating.
What will my group receive?
- Marathon Cheer Message Cards can be picked up at The Woodlands Marathon Expo Inspiration Station.
- Mention of your group’s participation on The Woodlands Marathon website
- Mention of your group’s participation of Cheer Challenge in the Printed Athlete/Spectator Guide
Currently Selected Themes:
(Note – the same theme may not be used twice)
- Super Heroes, wear cute costumes
- 70’s dico, wear fun 70’s clothes and play 70’s music
- Hawaii Luau, “Aloha”, have fun beach stuff
- St. Patrick’s – be the good luck group, four leaf clovers
- A fiesta
- Casino, Texas Hold’em
- Spring Fever