RACE DATE – Saturday, FEBRUARY 28, 2015
ABOUT THE RACE
The Woodlands Marathon was revived on March 3, 2012 after a 19 year hiatus. The Woodlands Marathon will traverse the streets of Town Center and the community on a single-loop 26.2-mile flat course, finishing on the scenic Waterway. In 2013 One-hundred and fifteen (115) runners qualified for the 2014 Boston Marathon. A new race record was set in 2012 by Jeffrey Eggleston's at 2:15:37. Friends, Family and spectators will line the streets at various cheer zones in the Cheer Challenge to encourage athletes along the way. Participants have the opportunity to run for charities in the Charity Challenge and to date over $370,000 has been raised for charities and volunteer organizations. Come join the excitement as we welcome close to 9,000 runners.
TWENTY-SIX $260 CASH PRIZE GIVE-AWAYS
The Woodlands Marathon Management will give away $260 in cash twenty-six (26) times during the post race Finish Festival. All marathon finishers will be eligible for drawings.
START TIMES (estimated):
- Marathon/Half Marathon Elite− 7:00am
- Marathon, Half Marathon & Marathon Relay − 7:00am
- 5k Run - 7:00am
- 2k - Friday, February 28th - 6:30pm
All athletes must be in their wave start corrals no later than 6:50 am for the full marathon, half marathon, relay marathon and 5k races. Elite Athletes will be directed to the starting line. Athletes must be in their designated wave corrals in order to proceed to the starting line. THE START LINE WILL CLOSE 5 MINUTES after the mass of runners have began their race.
- April-July:$95 plus online registration fees (approx. 6%)
- August-September: $105 plus online registration fees (approx. 6%)
- October-November: $115 plus online registration fees (approx. 6%)
- December:$125 plus online registration fees (approx. 6%)
- January-February: $140 plus online registration fees (approx. 6%)
- Entry is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Entry may be deferred up to one year for a $40 fee. Due to late registrations deferrals must be made by January 31, 2015.
- Race entry may be switched to another race distance for a $20 admin fee and any difference if fees if moving up in distance. Please click HERE for that information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to switch races.
Note: We may take registrations at the Health and Fitness Expo.
*Registration is currently set to close at 1,750 participants for the full marathon.
*Subject to change
Q: How do I register for The Woodlands Marathon?
A: Click here to register online.
Q: What is the age limit for The Woodlands Marathon?
A: Participants must be at least 16 years old by February 28, 2015 to participate in the Marathon and 13 years old by February 28, 2015 to participate in the Half Marathon. Athletes younger than the set age limit may contact the Race Director for the opportunity to participate.
Q: How do I make changes to my registration once it has been submitted?
A: If you would like to make changes to your registration you must do so by emailing The Woodlands Marathon registration coordinator at email@example.com.
Q: May I DEFER my registration to the following year?
A: If you would like to defer your registration to the following year please do so by emailing The Woodlands Marathon registration coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. All deferral requests must be submitted by January 31, 2015 and require a $40 fee. You will not be charge a registration the following year but extended a registration complimentary code when registration opens. Deferals may only be deferred for one year.
Q: Can I switch from the Marathon to the Half Marathon or from the Half Marathon to the Marathon?
A: Yes, participants may switch from one race to the other by February 10, 2015 (based on availability). Participants may do this by contacting email@example.com. A $20.00 service fee will be applied, along with any applicable entry fee difference (see the table below for fees related to switching races). There will be no refund of the fee difference for switching from the Marathon to the Half Marathon and the participant will be charged a $20 service fee; no exceptions.
- Official Finisher's technical shirt
- Official race t-shirt
- Official Finisher's Certificate
- Custom bib number with name - registered by January 15th.
- Commemorative finisher’s medal
- Access to the Post Race Finish Festival with food
- Health and Fitness Expo
- Free event post race massage
- Free parking
- Photo proofs crossing the finish line
- Age group awards three deep
- Finishers have the opportunity to win $260 twenty-six times during the post race Finish Festival
All participants must be 16 years of age by February 28, 2015. Athletes younger than 16 years of age may not request permission to participate in the full marathon.
Ages 14 and under (Male and Female)Ages 15-19 (Male and Female)Ages 20-24 (Male and Female)
The Woodlands Marathon will award three deep awards in the following age categories. These athletes will be recognized during our Awards Ceremony during the Post Race Finish Festival.
Ages 25-29 (Male and Female)
Ages 30-34 (Male and Female)
Ages 35-39 (Male and Female)
Ages 40-44 (Male and Female)
Ages 45-49 (Male and Female)
Ages 50-54 (Male and Female)
Ages 55-59 (Male and Female)
Ages 60-64 (Male and Female)
Ages 65-69 (Male and Female)
Ages 70-74 (Male and Female)
Ages 75+ (Male and Female)
BAG DROP/GEAR CHECK
Athletes will have an opportunity to drop their pre race and post race belongings at the bag drop/gear check. Athletes will reclaim their belongings at the post race zone.
ABOUT OUR SPONSOR
Fidelity Investments is among the most diversified financial services companies in the world, offering a full range of product solutions for individual investors, employers, institutions and intermediaries. Our fundamental mission is to help customers and clients achieve their financial objectives. Fidelity has $3.5 trillion in assets under administration, including managed assets of $1.6 trillion, as of December 31, 2010. For 65 years, Fidelity has maintained a commitment to continuous improvement and peerless customer and client service. However you do business with us - directly or through a third party - our pledge is to always put your interests first in everything we do.